2016

2016

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week six and still growin'...


So we are quickly approaching doubling of birth weight. Elias is getting denser now and weighed in at our last visit to the lactation consultants at breastfeeding support group since Mama goes back to work this Monday at 11 lbs 4 oz prior to eating. Add his morning snack of 5 oz and we are halfway to 12#.

Over the weekend, we took our first trip out of town to Daddy's hometown. Luckily all car rides put Elias to sleep so we were able to make it up there without much event since he is eating every 1-3 hours still. (Coming home was a different story.) When we arrived, Elias decided he was going to have an hour lunch and make everyone wait on him. He met many new people and had quite the exciting day! He even got to show off his gross motor skills to his grandparents.

This week Elias also got to meet his new teachers at daycare. We attended an inservice provided by Nurse Lisa for the center to teach everyone about hemophilia and what to expect/look out for when caring for him. Monday should be an interesting first day for all...

2 comments:

Anna Wahl said...

I hope your first couple days of work have been okay Vanessa....I'm sure it was super hard to go back and leave your little one behind. I have been thinking of you:)

Anna Brinkworth said...

I hope your first couple days of work have been okay Vanessa....I'm sure it was super hard to go back and leave your little one behind. I have been thinking of you:)