2016

2016

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You can be anything you want Baby Flora...

Yesterday, despite the morning sickness I would experience today, I was glued to the television and Internets with hopeful breath that anything is possible in America. Now I know that my child, although s/he will be measured by American standards as an African American as have I and our next president are (even though you "have a beer with me" and come to find we embrace the beauties of both out races...), our child will not be measured by the curl in its hair or the color of their skin, but by the merit of its character. My dreams for my child are now endless and if s/he wants to be President of the best country in the world, it can!

We hope to instill the power of choice, the passion for voting, the voice of well-informed opinion, and the instinct of good. We hope that our child will not be complacent and will stand up for what they believe in and if it means walking door to door for that thing, so be it.

If any of you were following my Facebook page last night, you all read my promise that if Sen. Obama took Indiana that we would name our future child Barack. OK, so we don't know the sex yet, but I am a woman of my word and Jason agrees that since we have hit fetus status, Baby Flora will now be known as Baby Barack during it's "inside months."

Here's to a renewed faith in America!

1 comment:

Rich said...

Don't think you're going to weasel out of this by using Barack as a cutesy fetus name. If it's not on his birth certificate, you're welching, toots.